Young Bristol will be running a Pool Lifeguard Course in partnership with Hengrove Leisure Centre as part of the Instructor Training Scheme. This training is included within the funding, i.e. Free to trainees on the scheme.
If not already a member, In order to join the scheme you must be aged between 16 – 24 years.
The Leisure Centre is very interested in employing some of the trainees who complete the training.
In order to become a pool lifeguard trainees will have to:
• Attend a swim test or demonstrate proficient swimming.
• Attend and complete the lifeguard training course; 5 days training.
• Complete a first aid qualification, (Young Bristol will run funded first aid training as part of the training scheme around March 2017)
Dates trainees need to be available:
• Swim Test: Sat 14th January in the afternoon. I will be able to mini bus people to the test from Pooles Wharf. If you can’t make this but can make it to the training do let me know.
• Training: 9am – 5pm on Mon 13th till Friday 17th February (Feb Half Term). You must attend all 5 days. I will have a mini bus available to bus people to and from training.
For further information or to book on to the scheme please email Phil Harris at email@example.com or the main office on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on 0117 929 2513