What an amazing start to the Summer! Here at Young Bristol HQ we are enjoying all the buzz from our holiday programmes taking place so we thought we would share what’s been going on so far…
- We have seen almost 90 young people taking part in the National Citizen Service (NCS) which runs throughout the holidays. The groups are all at different stages of the programme from a residential in the Lake District to planning & delivering a Social Action project back in Bristol. We cannot wait to see what they have all been up to, you can keep up to date on our Facebook Page.
- We had a wonderful time at Bristol Harbour Festival hosting the Tea Dance Tent. With thanks to Richmond Event Management for nominating us as ‘Charity of the Festival’, Pukka Tea for donating their delicious tea bags & the fantastic dance masterclasses from Bristol Le-Roc. Not only did we manage to showcase our work to lots of new people but we also raised in excess of £1,600!
- Lisa, Phil & the team have put together a very adventurous Outdoor Activities programme for the holidays & there is still time left to get involved. Please check out our webpage for current activities & information on booking a place here: Outdoor Holiday Activities
- Ashton Vale Youth Club have been open all week running activities including a very soggy (but very fun) trip to Weston Super Mare. The club members are currently on camp at Barton Hill with other members of Hartcliffe Youth Club taking part in fun games & activities over three nights.
- Last week saw the Football Festival return to Ashton Park Sports Centre with 20 young people taking part everyday. A special mention goes to Simon who showed exceptional behaviour & sportsmanship. We also enjoyed having Brad & Luke on hand to help; they have been attending Football Festival since they were 10 and did a great job supporting the participants.
- The Grove at Bedminster Down have been running Day Camps on Wednesdays – Fridays at the club throughout the holidays including games, arts activities & now cookery thanks to the guys at Nailsea Electricals donating a brand new mini oven!
- And last but certainly not least Avon Club for Young People were delighted to have a visit from the High Sheriff, Anthony Brown during his mini tour of some youth projects in the city. The club members were also able to show him the produce from the garden they have set up for growing veggies!
All of this and we are still only halfway through the summer break! Fancy getting involved? Drop us a line on 0117 929 2513 or email email@example.com