The Young Bristol Summer programme kicked off with a bang on Monday 1st July 2019, and what a first week it has been.
We had 44 young people attend our Wave 1 NCS Programme in the Brecon Beacons for their Residential Week, as well as Young Bristol providing a week long NCS Residential and Activities Programme for young people from Bournemouth. We had 42 pupils from a local school take part in Outdoor Activities, and on Tuesday evening we had 78 young people from five of our Community Youth Clubs (Broad Plain, Ashton Vale, Hartcliffe, Avon & Pyramid) come together for the monthly Inter-Club Activities event at Broad Plain. That same evening we also saw 18 young people attend our open access Kayak Club session at Pooles Wharf.
A great start to our summer programme, with many more exciting activities planned for the coming weeks!
Take a look at what you can get involved with this summer…
- National Citizen Service (NCS) – limited spaces are still available on Wave 3 of our NCS summer programme. If you are 16 years old and interested in making the most out of your summer holidays, get in touch with Patrick or Nina on 0117 929 2513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outdoor Activities – from 31st July – 27th August, we have a host of outdoor activities for 8 – 16 year olds to get involved with. Sessions include canoeing, kayaking, raft-building, rock climbing, caving and stream walking. To find out more and to book your place click here.
- Holiday Clubs – during the school holidays, our Community Youth Clubs run open access sessions during the day for young people age 8 years +. For more information on school holiday provision and our clubs click here.
- Activities at Ashton Park Sports Centre – from Football Camp to Stand-up Paddle Boarding, and Orienteering to Archery, there are lots of opportunities for you to get involved with from Monday 22nd July – Friday 30th August. Call 0117 377 3300 to find out more or click here to check out their summer programme.
- Kayak Club – a drop-in programme where young people of all abilities, aged 8 – 21 years old, can take part in Kayaking and Canoeing on Bristol’s iconic harbour. The club runs every Tuesday (March – October) from 5pm – 7pm at our Pooles Wharf Activity Centre. To find out more call the Young Bristol Office on 0117 929 2513.
Photographs showcasing highlights from our programmes during Week 1.