As we begin our back to school provision, our Youth Club on Wheels team have been reflecting on the first year of our mobile youth provision and the impact the provision has had in communities across Bristol and North East Somerset.
The Youth Club on Wheels, a new mobile youth service, launched in summer 2019, working with young people aged 8+ in hard-to-reach areas of the city and rural areas where there is currently no youth provision.
The pioneering service aimed to provide opportunities and activities for young people including;
- Social, creative, multi-media, sports, indoor and outdoor projects and activities
- Job and homework guidance and support
- Healthy food and tips in food preparation
- A safe place to talk with trained youth workers
- A place to relax and socialise with friends
An insight into our 2019 – 20 overview: