We are so excited that you’re here to join us in continuing to provide opportunities and experiences to young people across Bristol. Every donation makes a difference and helps to support our mission of enabling young people to achieve what they are capable of.
Not sure how to get started? Here are some ideas:
Our fundraising committee and other supporters host a number of fundraising events throughout the year. You can see what we have coming up and book your places below.
Following our very successful 90th Anniversary Fundraising Appeal during 2018 we have recently purchased a brand new mobile youth club – ‘The Youth Club on Wheels’
Recent cuts to youth services and a lack of activities mean that sadly, in many local communities there is now nothing at all for young people to do.
The Youth Club On Wheels will deliver services to young people in need across a wider area including more isolated rural locations and areas in the city where there is no current youth provision.
Working closely with community groups, parish councils, police and local people the Youth Bus will deliver activities for and with local young people over a set number of days per week for an agreed number of months including:
- Social, creative, multi-media, sporting, indoor and outdoor projects and activities.
- Sporting activities will include pool, table tennis, football, and cricket. Creative activities will include arts and crafts, print making and photography.
- Job and homework guidance and support
- Provision of healthy food plus tips in food preparation, as part of the ‘Feeding Bristol’ initiative
- A safe place to talk with trained and accredited youth workers
- A place to relax and socialise with friends
The pioneering nature of ‘The Youth Club On Wheels’ means we can trial services and develop partnerships in areas without high overheads. Once demand and outcomes for young people have been successfully proven, the evidence will help with planning and funding longer-term provision. This provides a sustainable solution that will serve communities of Bristol and surrounding areas for years to come.
We now need to focus our efforts on continuing to raise the funds needed to keep this vital new service running.