Can you believe it has been five weeks since we first began our phased reopening… and what a brilliant first month back it has been!
- Five of our Community Youth Clubs have re-opened on a limited programme to offer key support and opportunities to existing members over the summer holidays. Weekly sessions outdoors and summer Holiday Clubs have provided young people with a safe and supportive space, at a time when they need it the most.
- Our Kayak Club and Instructor Training Scheme have now welcomed back existing members to our water-side Activity Centre, getting back out on to the water for some socially-distanced fun!
- Over 100 spaces have been filled up by young people across the city wanting to try something new through our Outdoor Holiday Club Programme. Our team have ran a variety of Archery, Bushcraft, Kayaking and Watersport Tasters, providing young people with fun and exciting experiences post-lockdown.
- Our Creative team continued to support young people online working with existing members from our Youth Arts Action group and Positive Changes programme.
- And our Youth Club on Wheels has been back on the road visiting communities where there is currently no youth provision. The team have welcomed young people rain or shine to our sessions, and have really enjoyed working with new and existing members!
We will continue to review our phased reopening of our programmes inline with local and national guidance, and look forward to welcoming even more young people back to our programmes in the upcoming weeks and months.
In the meantime, check out our latest eNewsletter for a further insight into our summer holiday so far, and make sure to check out our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) for regular updates.
The Young Bristol Team