This summer, Young Bristol saw 27 days of Holiday Clubs delivered across 5 of our community venues and outdoor activity centre, working with new and existing young people, providing them with exciting and enriching new opportunities, access to healthy food and the opportunity to build new friendships.
The Grove Youth Club has provided a perfect balance of fun and learning for my kids this summer.”
Young Bristol’s Holiday Clubs are located in numerous areas across Bristol. During the school holidays our Community Youth Clubs and Outdoor Activities Team ran engaging sessions during the daytime. These session provided young people with free activities, prepared meals and a safe space to have fun! Our programmes had a focus on supporting those who receive free school meals.
This summer Young Bristol saw:
- 2,915 contacts with young people,
- 953 free meals and drinks provided,
- 5 communities supported across Bristol with our Community Youth Club.
Club helped me grow as a person and taught me the importance of teamwork and friendship”.
A breakdown of where these contacts have come from:
- 706 contacts with young people from our Outdoor Activities sessions
- 1,299 contacts with Young Bristol’s Community Youth Club’s
- 597 contacts from external provider hiring our space
- 313 contacts with our continued Open access evening provision.
I’m already counting down the days until next year!”
Young Bristol would like to thank our staff team, partner organisations and funders for helping to make this summer one to remember. We would also like to thank the Your Holiday Hub Bristol Programme, supported by Bristol City Council and The Department for Education, for supporting 5 of our Holiday Clubs at our city-wide Community Youth Club venues. We would also like to say a huge thank you to Fareshare for providing young people with some amazing food to enjoy across the Summer!