Training Courses for Young People
Young Bristol Phased Reopening Statement – 17/05/2021
Our Training Courses for Young People are currently closed. Please refer to our latest statement for further information on changes to our programmes.
Hartcliffe Club for Young People deliver accredited courses for young people aged 14 -19 years across Bristol.
Throughout the courses young people will gather evidence to build a personal profile of their skills and achievements which can result in them gaining a variety of awards. Courses will benefit participants through increasing their self confidence, as well as enhancing their academic achievements.
This training course is for young people aged 14 – 16 years, helping them to develop their interpersonal skills, confidence and awareness of society. The course duration is 10 weeks. Limited to 12 places per course. Overall time of 25 hours to complete.
For young people aged 15+, this course will be accredited through the ASDAN Silver Award. The course covers topics of teamwork, equalities, project planning, presentation skills and public speaking. Overall time of 36 hours to complete
• Understand the basics of communication
• Produce a portfolio of evidence/record of achievements
• Achieve a Level 1 First Aid certificate
• Understand the basics of working as a team
• Recognise roles that are available to you in your local area or city-wide
• Be confident to be able to represent young people on community groups/organisations
• Develop confidence in challenging forms of discrimination
• Demonstrate increased leadership skills
• Identify volunteering possibilities
All courses are free, however participants must have a minimum of 80% attendance to successfully complete the courses. Refreshments will be provided.