Young people from Young Bristol’s The Grove @ Bedminster Down, attended Bristol City Council’s ‘Children and Young People’s Voice – the future of Youth Services’ conference on Thursday 23rd June 2022.
The group took part in discussions and workshops exploring what makes youth services easy to access, what support and opportunities should youth services provide, what qualities should youth workers have and, how can services support young people to feel safe.
Feedback from the group included:
- “Youth Clubs need to be more normalised and visible!”
- “More promotion of Youth Clubs in school assemblies”
- “We want responsibilities at Youth Clubs”
- “More trips for life skills and work experience”
- “We want to learn more skills”
- “Youth workers need to be friendly and down to earth”
- “Young people to interview new youth workers”
The event provided a safe space for the young people to express their ideas, thoughts and opinions – championing the importance of youth voice.