Young Bristol is a youth-driven charity that works to offer a choice of opportunities and experiences for all young people.
Founded in 1928, Young Bristol has evolved into one of Bristol’s leading youth charities, providing critical out-of-school services for young people of 8 – 25 years in communities across the city.
Today we are recognised as Bristol’s leading provider of community-based youth services, through our community youth club network based in some of Bristol’s most challenging communities, and a valued provider of outdoor activities, mobile youth services, creative arts, outdoor employment, and informal educational programmes for young people.
At Young Bristol, we believe that every young person has the right to discover what they’re capable of; helping young people to aspire to be confident, healthy, resilient, responsible and successful.
In 2018-19, Young Bristol were proud to engage with more children and young people than ever before;
- 17, 141 contacts with young people across our programmes during 2018-19, an increase from 16,000 during 2017-18.
- 1,437 sessions delivered across our programmes – an increase of 16% since last year.
- 3,308 hours of open access provision delivered across our 8 Community Youth Clubs.
- 594 contacts with “at risk” young people through our Outdoor Employment Programme.
- 161 qualifications were awarded across our programmes.
- 86% of young people had a positive outcome from engaging with our Instructor Training Scheme i.e. went on to further education, employment and/or gained a qualification.
Our 2018-19 Impact Report focuses around our values; confident, healthy, responsible, resilient and successful; and how Young Bristol’s programmes help young people and children to achieve these. You can view the full 2018-19 Impact Report here.