Volunteer For Us
Meet like-minded people and expand your network
Use your time and experience to make a positive difference
Increase confidence, develop skills and build up your CV with valuable work experience
Keep you busy and active
Help Young Bristol make a positive, profound and lasting impact on the lives of young people
Allow us to build our capacity
Help ensure our sustainability
Help raise the profile of Young Bristol in your community
- Support with campaigns, appeals and pre-event promotion such as distributing flyers and mail-outs.
- Help out with refreshments, hand out information and support with the running of local events.
- Give talks about the work of Young Bristol to local community groups.
Help raise vital funds
- Organise your own fundraising event and raise some vital funds for Young Bristol!
- Join a group of local people who regularly organise fundraising events for Young Bristol.
- Support collections at events, and organise the allocation of collection tins in your local area.
- Consider supporting Young Bristol through your group or association e.g. Rotary Club, church or school.
Share your skills and experience
- If you’re starting your career, wanting to share your expertise, or returning to work, volunteering can help build your confidence, skills and experience. From marketing and social media, to finance and management.
- We’re always looking for passionate and dynamic people from a wide variety of backgrounds to join our Young Bristol Board and assist on the Management Committees of our 8 core Community Youth Clubs.
Volunteering for companies
- Wanting to share your skills? We’re looking for people to deliver sessions on CV writing, interview skills and presentation skills at Youth Clubs across the city.
- Looking to share more practical skills? We’re always looking for groups to support with projects in communities. From gardening, to painting and clearing spaces.
- Choose Young Bristol as your company’s Charity of the Year.
Opportunities for young people
Aged 16+ and interested in volunteering your spare time at Young Bristol? Volunteering is a great way to build up your CV and work experience. From volunteering at our Community Youth Clubs, to supporting other young people on our Outdoor Activities and Creative Programmes – get in touch to find out about our current volunteering opportunities and projects.
Rob joined Young Bristol in 2013, struggling with his academic education due to dyslexia and ADHD; relatively hidden disabilities which are often not recognised or understood by everyone.
After regularly attending Young Bristol’s Kayak Club, Rob was at a stage where he could help our instructors to deliver sessions. Rob began helping on general activity sessions, volunteering after school and during school holidays. Before too long Rob was giving up his time, volunteering hundreds of hours every year to benefit other young people in Bristol.
“Young Bristol offers an opportunity for young people to succeed in talents not recognised and taught at school. This can be a lifeline to some kids,” says Robs mum. “Rob shines because he responded to the opportunities afforded to him by volunteering to make sure that they are offered to others.”
Dedicated support from a caring team
Relevant kit and resources
Inductions, training and development opportunities where relevant
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check to the required level
To have fun!
Interested in volunteering for Young Bristol? All you need to do is complete our application form and we will get in touch.